Snacks on snacks on snacks! If you’re heading to the parks and wonder if you’ll be able to bring food in, the answer is YES. We ALWAYS have a bag or cooler bag packed full of snacks. Guests are encouraged to use the picnic areas located outside the Disneyland Main Gate, but we gotta be honest…our kids eat ALL.DAY.LONG, so a trip to the picnic areas isn’t really possible for us (or most families with a crew full of littles). We respect why they ask this of guests, we’re just being realistic (plus we buy all their Disney treats so…ha!)
That said, here’s an idea of what we pack! This may seem silly to share since most parents know what to pack based on what their own kids like, but we’ve actually received this question a few times before! So, if you’re in need of some snack ideas, here are some of our typical Disney day items! La Croix is obviously for us. 🙂 NO glass containers are permitted into the parks.
Keep in mind the Baby Care Centers (one at north end of Main Street in Disneyland & one next to Ghirardelli in California Adventure) have microwaves to warm bottles, warm up oatmeal or mac & cheese, etc. Also, fruit and veggie carts are scattered around both parks (one in each land at Disneyland and a couple in California Adventure). The price is higher for certain items, but if you get in a pinch & need a healthy snack, it’s a nice option to have!
FYI – Coolers 18″ wide x 25″ high x 37″ deep may be stored in the lockers located outside the Main Gates, but they are NOT REFRIGERATED.
Picnic Area located on the west side of the Main Gate.
FILTERED WATER LOCATIONS
Buying water bottles at the park can add up quickly, so we always bring our own reusable water bottles fill up throughout the day at either a drinking fountain, filtered water spigot or we get a cup of water from any quick service soda fountain machine at either park. Below are all the FILTERED WATER locations in the parks for filling up water bottles.
- Rancho del Zocalo has a filtered water spigot in the middle of the courtyard seating area.
- The Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square has a spigot next to the order window.
- Galactic Grill in Tomorrowland has one to the left of the order windows.
- Village Haus Restaurant in Fantasyland has a couple spigots.
- The Baby Care Center at the north end of Main Street and the Baby Care Center by Ghirardelli in California Adventure both have ice cold filtered water
- First Aid at the North end of Main Street and on Buena Vista Street in California Adventure have cold filtered water.
Filtered water station at the Baby Care Center in Disneyland